The Frederick University in Cyprus and the Department of Maritime Transport & Commerce offers its expertise, maritime network and geographic location to consortia in projects of common interest. In close association with Limassol Municipality and port, ongoing research topics include marine environment; climate change, air/water quality, protection of beaches, coastal areas and ports, identifying solutions to current issues and anticipated maritime trends; energy and waste management. We engage the community to respond to concerns and inform decision making that balances environmental sustainability, growth of the blue economy and thus citizen wellbeing.
It concerns the following calls;
• Call: LC-GD-10-2-2020: Behavioural, social and cultural change for the Green Deal
• Call: LC-GD-10-3-2020 Enabling citizens to act on climate change and environmental protection through education, citizen science, observation initiatives, and civic engagement
• Call: LC-GD-1-2-2020: Towards climate-neutral and socially innovative cities
• Call: LC-GD-7-1-2020: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
• Call: LC-GD-5-1-2020: Green airports and ports as multimodal hubs for sustainable and smart mobility
If you are interested please contact Carol Bailey Research Director, Department of Maritime Transport & Commerce at email@example.com